- Learn to hold to hold breath underwater
- Turn over from face down in the water to face up
- Effective skills for achieving and maintaining an effective back float
- Requires lessons 4 days per week, Monday-Thursday for 10 minutes per day
- Mastering skills requires 4 to 6 weeks
- Learn to hold their breath and swim with their head down,
- Roll onto their back to float, rest, and breathe
- Roll back over to resume swimming until they reach the side of the pool, crawl out or are rescued by an adult. Children learn these skills initially wearing a swim diaper and then practice while fully clothed.
With these skills your child will be able to swim independently and learn to move at his or her own pace toward the safety of the side of the pool or the shores of a pond or lake.
- Lessons are 4 days per week Monday-Thursday for a minimum of 4 weeks.
For Information regarding Locations and Schedule, Click here.
Learn to Float
8 months-1 year
Ready for swimming
Ages 1 and up
- Work toward learning and developing proper posture for stroke swimming on front and back.
- Teach effective kicking for freestyle and backstroke.
- Introduce arm strokes for freestyle and backstroke
- Learn proper freestyle breathing technique